Please read the Studio Policy carefully. Your payment to Dorla’s Piano Studio indicates that you have read, understood and agree with this policy.
*Love * Inspiration * Confidence * Knowledge * Musicality
We strive to inspire a delight in learning to play the piano, so that as each student grows in knowledge, they will, in turn, share their love for music with the world.
How do I know if music lessons are worth the price?
Find out how the teacher,
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence in music education.
- Provides the things that are important to you as well as those that are important to the student’s musical development.
Also consider their,
- Goals and Expectations
- Philosophies of music education
- Teaching experience
- Studio Policy
No price can be put on such a beautiful art as music, but by investing in your child’s music education, you can provide them with a skill they will enjoy for a lifetime!
Where does my tuition go?
All independent piano teachers differ in methods of operation. However, the tuition of nearly all teachers covers the following:
- Time spent with the student
Lessons, performance classes, group lessons and studio events.
- Time spent in preparation for the student
- Purchase of new music, lesson planning, bookkeeping, development of curriculum, etc. It has been cited by professional music journals that for every hour enrolled in piano lessons, you are investing in at least 2 hours of the teachers time.
- Your teacher’s training and experience
- Recital costs and preparations, refreshments, facility rental.
- Professional organization memberships. Memberships are maintained by the teacher to enhance their teaching skills and provide the student with opportunities for festivals, competitions, and performance events.
- Studio expenses. Copying, piano lab, incentive programs, instruments, tunings, repairs, .
- Student music books and CDs, materials purchased by the teacher to keep costs low for students.
- Property taxes, self-employment taxes, insurance, business licenses, retirement.
Your piano teacher has no corporation to assist in providing health and life insurance by matching funds. Tuition helps cover the increased living costs of your self-employed teacher.
- Continuing education. Lessons and classes that keep the teacher current on methods and techniques
- Certification costs
Professional piano teachers pay to be re-certified every year provided they have met all the continuing education and studio requirements. This keeps the teacher accountable to a professional organization.
- Book and music club memberships
This enables many discounts to be passed to students.
Tuition is all inclusive, providing families with the ease of knowing that the monthly payment is always the same amount. Your monthly payments cover the amount of lessons provided per year, not per month.
All students are expected to continue lessons during the summer months. Summer piano students have first choice when scheduling their lessons for the school year.
Your all inclusive tuition covers the cost of the lessons, piano books chosen by the teacher, all studio teaching materials, recitals, awards, piano parties, incentives, treats, etc. that are part of the music experience at Dorla’s Piano Studio.
Monthly installments are due the 1st of the month.
Private & Group Piano – 12 monthly installments of $116
Preschool Piano – 12 monthly installments of $65
Online Piano – 12 monthly installments of $105
Dorla’s Piano Studio accepts Checks, Cash, and Credit/Debit (Paypal). Online invoices will be sent.
Autopay through Paypal will be automatically set up at registration.
- $20 Late Fee for all payments received past the 10th of the month.
- $30 Fee for all NSF Checks.
- Should something come up where you cannot financially fulfill your commitment to your lessons, advanced notice and open, ongoing communication is appreciated and encouraged.
Online Piano Lessons
- Live online piano lessons are provided to students ages 8 and up anywhere around the world via Zoom video conference service.
- Online piano lessons are a great option for students who want to learn to play the piano, but who live too far away for in-person lessons to be possible.
- Zoom is an online video conferencing service that allows people to call, message, and video chat with one another for free.
- Students who are ill SHOULD NOT attend lessons. If you are too sick to attend school, you are too sick to attend your lesson.
- Please notify the teacher by 12pm if you cannot attend. Private students who are mildly ill may request an online lesson during their regular time.
- Students enrolled in Mixed Age Group Lessons may join another Mixed age class if a lesson has been missed.
- Inclement Weather – If the Keene Independent School District cancels classes because of inclement weather, Dorla’s Piano Studio will also close. Make up lessons will not be given.
Other Lesson Options for Students:
- Online Lessons on Zoom: Mildly sick? No way to get to lessons? This is a valuable way to keep your individual lesson time and avoid rescheduling.
- If the Teacher Must Cancel Lessons (this happens very rarely), students will be offered group lessons to make up for the missed lesson(s), or tuition may be prorated.
Students who are enrolled in group piano lessons have no practice requirements.
If a faster learning pace is expected, daily practice (7 days) of 10-30 minutes is recommended.
Student’s piano books are marked with sticky tabs as a reminder of what to practice at home.
Private students are required to practice the individual assigned time by their teacher.
Piano parties are scheduled once during the semester and take the place of a regular piano lesson. Students join other piano students in a group setting to perform, play theory games and participate in piano fun!
Recitals offer students a great sense of accomplishment and pride for their hard work. They also help them learn the importance of setting and achieving goals.
Students at Dorla’s Piano Studio will be given the opportunity to participate in a recital studio wide recital in February.
In addition to the above, students enjoy:
- Piano Game Day
- Ice Cream Scoops for your songs
- I Love Piano week
- Recital Bootcamp
- 30 Days of Music Challenge
- Summer Piano Fun
Photographs, videos, Facebook, Instagram, and other marketing
Pictures and videos of your student participating in various activities at Dorla’s Piano Studio will be used to promote the Studio.
Payment to Dorla’s Piano Studio is your signature of agreement. If you do not wish for your child to appear in any of these promotions, please talk to Ms. Dorla ASAP.
“This is one creative, fun, and exciting piano studio! Thank you, Ms. Dorla for inspiring your students every week!”Anonymous