Here are the most popular questions we are asked at Dorla’s Piano Studio:
What can I expect?
- Preschool Piano Class – (age 4 to 6) – Class is 60 minutes long. Children stay in class without a parent, even though they might need you to stay for a little bit during the first class or two. Activities vary from singing, dancing and sharing to playing the piano and jumping around like frogs.
- Group Piano Lessons – Imagine a school classroom, each student sitting in front of a piano, instead of a desk! Better yet, reduce the number of students in the classroom from 25 to 8. Suddenly, group piano lessons make sense! Students not only work on their individual songs with guidance from the teacher, but also are part of a “piano band” and enjoy piano games.
- Private and Online students learn to play the piano in a 1:1 setting with the piano teacher.
What if I’ve never taken a music class before?
- We hope to provide you with the best music experience ever! We will have all your necessary books, instruments, CD’s, whatever is required, ready for you at your first lesson. No previous preparation is needed!
What is the schedule for my age group?
- Call us to find out what the current schedule is. 817-832-8578.
Where are you located?
- One of the best parts of coming to music class is the ample outdoor space children will have to run around and play after class! You might even get to spot the cats chasing a few birds or a glimpse of the chickens pecking away. Click here for the exact location off of Hwy. 67 in Keene.
What if I live more than 20 minutes away?
- You can still come! It is a privilege to have you join our studio and we will demonstrate it by providing you with only the best piano experience! Many students live in surrounding cities and may drive 30 minutes or more each week.
What happens if I miss a class?
- If there is a matching class on another day you may schedule a make-up. Piano students are always welcome to join another group session if a make-up class is needed. Money is never returned due to missed classes. Want to know more? Here is the Studio Policy with all the details.
Do I need to have a piano at home?
- For ultimate progress students enrolled in Preschool piano and Group Piano classes should have a digital piano or acoustic (regular) piano at home where the songs learned in class can be repeated.
What if my child misbehaves in class?
- We always appreciate the fact that parents stay in our mini lobby or close by to the studio just in case misbehaviors arise. Normally at this age children are so eager and enthusiastic about learning, that temper tantrums and bad behavior is forgotten. However, we insist that parents stay on the premises so that misbehaviors can be handled by the parent.
“I love that I don’t hage to harrass my kids to practice. They want to practice because then they’ll be able to make beautiful music with their friends on class day.”Anonymous